Monday, April 12, 2010

Someone asked me the other day,what have you been up to lately....

And this became a very fun conversation ! So much has been going on,its been like a whirlwind

For those of you who know me,you know I tended to avoid things like Facebook for many years.In fact-despite my geeky techie leanings,I avoided almost all of it until a few years ago.I came to Facebook because Scrabulous was shut down,and in return,I've reconnected with friends,family,former coworkers,classmates,even as far back as elementary school!

(and for those of you who are my friends on Facebook,this is a relatively rare instance of my blog appearing in your feeds-in general,feel free to a) subscribe b) click on the Posterous tab off of my personal profile or c) join my fan page and interact with me there or d) all of the above ...c'mon,its at least more interesting than a plethora of Farmville updates etc :),no ? )

So,for the last couple of months,I've been immersed in an intense re-engineering of my business.(very much reminds me of when I used to be engaged by business to come in and examine their process management and all sorts of -wait...I feel myself lapsing into uber geek talk again...)

I joined Twitter last summer,took me a while to get a hang of it-and connected with and learned from alot of industry peers,and colleagues.One of my major goals for 2010 became to bring who I am and how I do business online,-starting a blog,building a website (not just the profile page off of the brokerage). I love to connect and engage with people,always have :) seems pretty natural a progression to me.

If you're reading this on my blog-well,you see that in the last few weeks,I've started it,and I have hoped and aimed to bring you a blend of what it is like to live and work in NYC,specifically as a licensed real estate professional ! And for those of you who know me well,I've spent years answering your questions about what to do,where to go,and how I choose to enjoy life in NYC-so this blog thing isn't terribly far fetched ,now is it ? :) 

So,a major irony in all of this,is that as I've been immersed in this,my home brokerage is ALSO going through a process of rebranding and relaunching PLUS you know,that pesky thing called work being out there helping people achieve their goals in real estate (which in one noteable case last quarter even included physically helping a friend and client move ,and yes,this is why sometimes you may have noticed bags under my eyes of late)

 

But,a few quick progress notes :

  • Yes,I am on Twitter,and I can be found @NikkiBeauchamp ,if you are so inclined.
  • My fan page for my business is live at Nicole Beauchamp Team,Your NYC Real Estate Resource - feel free to join us there for updates and tips about real estate in our beloved Big Apple (for my friends and family reading-yes,as far as I'm concerned,once a New Yorker,always a New Yorker-no matter where you have moved to,and for those of you who are transplants,no matter where you came from too ).
  • Yes,I am on Facebook: Nikki Beauchamp and if you'd like to connect there-send me a request (please include a note if the why,where or how won't be obvious to me) :) and let's do a little bonding 
  • Have also launched a blog ,Your NYC Real Estate Resource (which if you're reading this directly from the site,you already know) - talking about two of my greatest pasions,life in NYC ,with all its wonders,music,art,dining and of course,real estate in NYC. 
  • In the last year I have been quoted and published specifically about my thoughts on ereaders and netbooks (before the iPad was a reality),and was recently quoted in an Inman News article on Q1 2010 in Manhattan real estate (not bad,and its only April eh).
  • As for the major piece of the puzzle,my website-we're finally at the staging stage.Many of you who have seen me recently (and when I say many I do mean many,I feel like I have been on a HELLO tour this last quarter) ,may have seen some of the design compositions along the way,and overheard what seems like endless talk about concepts,and have had me bounce ideas off of you-well,I'd LOVE your feedback yet again.We're still tweaking some elements,minor layout fine tuning-I am busy formatting and adapting content for the site-but at the end of the day you,your friends,your co-workers-YOU are my intended audience.I can try to the best of my ability to put myself in your shoes,but even my old software design leanings only take me but so far :).

So,if you'd like to help shape and refine along with me-let me know,and I'd LOVE your opinions,and comments-after all,many of you are some of the people who I have valued and appreciated most throughout my life !

Reach out and touch me,and help me to create something we can ALL look at and toast to !

Oh,and if you're reading this,and don't know me so well,reach out,lets connect-its never too late to get to know someone and build a foundation ! Let's connect and engage ,both online AND off !

Have a fabulous evening and a spectacular week !

 

Posted via web from Nicole Beauchamp Team ,Your NYC Real Estate Resource

No comments:

Post a Comment