Thursday, April 8, 2010

Are you being heard by your agent?

Interesting day today.I spent part of my morning at a REBNY boot camp seminar,primarily intended for new agents (less than three years in the business)-but they don't turn away "old" agents either. What I find interesting about seminars is meeting (and perhaps reconnecting) with people I may have done deals with,but also hearing experiences. Sharing our experiences and knowledge should lead to improving our industry (and the public perception of our industry).

So yesterday,we had our monthly company meeting,today this boot camp seminar-where the focus was on getting the deal done.Basically in a nutshell,different deals,different people involved,different roles.You have to think creatively and sometimes outside of the box- you'd think this was a given,but its always good to learn-revisiting,sharing,educating each other. I enjoyed the seminar this morning,as is generally the case.

So,during the break...as I was putting a schmear on my bagel,someone says to me "None of this is relevant. I want to know how to get more buyers". I remarked,that very clearly at the start of the seminar it was stated that this was about getting the deals done.He said he wasn't listening....

I suggested,that maybe he should be listening,and that perhaps he wasn't listening to others-and maybe that's why he was having trouble finding new buyers.AND that listening during the course of the deal is crucial...so maybe its not so irrelevant after all,eh ?

So my question to you,if you are working,or have worked with an agent in the past-were they listening to you ? Did you feel they were acting in your best interests,truly on your behalf ? Curious to hear your opinions...

..To that end..keep your eye open for a blog post on what to look for when you're choosing a real estate professional work with....and then a seperate post about how WE work and why that's something you might want to consider.

As always,til the next time.Always at your service.

Posted via web from Nicole Beauchamp Team ,Your NYC Real Estate Resource

No comments:

Post a Comment