Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Doorman strike looms in NYC....tick tock...

The negotiations between the Realty Advisory Board and local SEIU 32BJ have been ongoing for a few months. Building workers (doormen, maintenance, etc ) belong to this union. A few weeks ago the union authorized a strike, last week many buildings (including my own) made sure that residents were aware of the plan of action should a strike occur. Building workers I've encountered have been a mixed bag- those around during the last strike 20 or so years back ,see a familiar pattern.

I'd almost forgotten,briefly about the deadline- until I went to the garbage chute and found it locked !

Where are we now ? Just over an hour until the deadline. Odds of a strike- I don't know - I'd say more than 50/50.

Hopefully no one really wants to see a strike.- residents ,workers or the RAB....but... Its getting close.

*watching the sands thru the hour glass*

'til the next time . Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Posted via email from Nicole Beauchamp Team ,Your NYC Real Estate Resource

No comments:

Post a Comment