Thursday, May 20, 2010

Seemingly never ending stream of fun events in NYC- especially live music

Once upon a time,pre real estate,pre techie geekiness,I had aspirations of being a professional musician.My background is as a classically trained pianist and clarinettist.I even went to that famous school that had a show about it,and two movies since. I still ADORE music and the arts overall-not just my "native" classical music.

So,its Thursday,and the weekend approaches-and it is often when people feel more comfortable being out and about,perhaps a bit later than they might ordinarily.

My recommendations today ?

Well,I always recommend the fabulous Target Free Thursday events,at the Atrium at Lincoln Center ,without question-those generally start at 830PM,and the ones I've attended have been a blast-and there have even been some I couldn't get into because I didn't arrive early enough to get in !

But,tonight I also recommend a band playing at the Bitter End (down on Bleecker Street, smack dab in the neighborhood where I went to university....guess which one ? ). Come on out and check out Something Heavy tonight ! They don't play often-I heard them for the first time live,a few months ago-and I loved it !Full disclosure,I know one or more of the members-who I recently met at a dinner party ! I love to see people who are passionate about that which they do-be it their business,or an art or just about anything.

Check them out before hand if you like : www.reverbnation.com/somethingheavy or just come on out to the Bitter End ( 147 Bleecker Street) at 830PM ! I believe the cover charge is about $7. $5 if you are a FB fan of the band (go find them ! or find me on FB and I'll help you find them ;) )

Hope to see some of you there !

Posted via web from Nicole Beauchamp Team, Your NYC Real Estate Resource

No comments:

Post a Comment