Tuesday, October 5, 2010

East Harlem Cafe Celebrates its 2nd Anniversary ! Celebration Tuesday afternoon at 3P.

Last night,I attended a wonderfully warm event. I am part of a group called Las Comadres de las Americas (thanks to my sister in the Bay Area who introduced me to the organization and is a member of their board). This year I became one of the moderators for the monthly book club that meets at Borders (lots of fun-feel free to email me for more info on that or check out the website). Monthly we have Comadrazos- where we meet,chat,network and most importantly support each others visions,goals and celebrate-the nature of life being what it is,I don't get to make it as often as I'd like-but I'm glad I braved what seems like never ending rain ~

We had a sponsor (which is generally rare,these are usually pot luck events,everyone tries to bring something)-Nestle,and they were promoting their Abuelita brand of hot cocoa (it was DELICIOUS),a great night to have warm hot cocoa.Added bonus,I won one of the gift bags in the raffle.

We were hosted graciously by the owner of East Harlem Cafe,and today they are celebrating their second anniversary (104th and Lexington Avenue).If you can't make it up there today (I believe it starts at 3p),I encourage you to stop in when you go to El Museo del Barrio (another one of our comadres works for the museum,and gave a fascinating presentation about how Dia De los Muertos is celebrated,and what the museum is doing -more on that in a seperate blog post coming soon !)

East Harlem Cafe : http://eastharlemcafe.com/ (there's some lovely,albeit unexpected music when you open the site)

El Museo del Barrio : www.elmuseo.org

Las Comadres de las Americas : www.lascomadres.org

Join me next month ? :)

Posted via email from Nicole Beauchamp , Your NYC Real Estate Resource

No comments:

Post a Comment